Christopher O’Mahony, a student at Dubai College, a British school based out in the United Arab Emirates, has won first place in ACCA’s Middle East first ever financial literacy competition, The ACCA Middle East 2021 Student Financial Champion.
In a campaign mission to boost financial literacy across the Middle East, ACCA offered a unique opportunity to young finance hopefuls to gain a head start into the ACCA Qualification. Candidates were given the chance to study the foundations of bookkeeping as part of the ACCA-X programme and to take the free online test.
Over 300 students, interested in finance between the ages of 13 -16, enrolled in the competition for six weeks of learning, which took place online.
ACCA’s head of Middle East, Fazeela Gopalani says: ‘This was a fantastic experience and we had over 300 entries with112 going on to embark on the six weeks studying challenge.
“ACCA is working closely with many educational institutions and government bodies across the region to encourage new generations to not only understand the importance of the almost pandemic proof profession but also understand the significant role a professionally qualified accountant plays in building economies.
“We want the next generation to consider and undertake a career in accountancy and finance. The ACCA Middle East Financial Champion is just one way we are working hard to push financial literacy at an early age.”
Christopher O’Mahony, winner of the competition, says:
“I have really enjoyed doing the lessons. It’s a great interactive way of getting to learn the basics of accounting. Thank you to ACCA Middle East for giving me the opportunity to participate – I’m delighted to have done so well”
A total of 10 000 AEDin prizes was given to the top ten winners listed below:
|Christopher O’Mahony||1st||Dubai College|
|Ayaan Mallick||2nd||Al Diyafah High School|
|Smruthi Prasad||3rd||Indian School Bahrain|
|Hamdah Fouad||4th||Manarat International School|
|Zuhaa Fouad||5th||Manarat International School|
|Aysha Hanna||6th||DPS-Modern Indian School|
|Faham Rashid Siddqui||7th||English Language Private School|
|Yaseen Imtiaz Syed||8th||International Indian School|
|Ameer Alduwaik||9th||GEMS Wellington International School|
|Youiel waleed||10th||St.joseph Maronite school|
For more information or to run this financial literacy campaign in your school, please contact Helen Deiki, email@example.com
The ACCA Middle East 2021 Student Financial Champion
ACCA Middle East is giving you a unique opportunity to not only get a head start into the ACCA Qualification by offering you the chance to study the foundations of bookkeeping and take the online test for free. We’re also giving you the chance to prove you’re the best and win exciting prizes!
- Between the ages of 13 and 16 years old
- Ready to study for six weeks
- Complete a progress test
- Have parental consent
- Ideally interested in Finance/Accounting
- No prior knowledge in Accounting or Finance is necessary
- Sign up today
- Study the course (6 weeks)
- Take the test and do your best
Deadline to register
6th February 2021
Along with the coveted title of The ACCA Middle East 2021 Student Financial Champion, we have 10 amazing prizes with the top prize of an iPhone 12 and free ACCA Registration.
That’s not all, 2 lucky runners up will walk away with cash valued shopping vouchers!
The winners of the competition will be selected by the ACCA Global team based on the progress with the ACCA qualification and results of the online test.
|1st Place||Apple iPhone 12 + Free ACCA Registration|
|2nd Place||AED 1000* Gift Card + Free ACCA Registration|
|3rd Place||AED 500* Gift Card + Free ACCA Registration|
|4th to 10th Place||AED 100* Cinema Voucher + 50% discount on ACCA Registration|
Terms and conditions
- Entrants must be between the ages of 13 and 16 years old at the time of taking the test
- Entrants must be a valid resident of the following countries:
- The United Arab Emirates
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- To qualify for the prize(s) Entrants must have sought parental consent. Parents are to confirm entrant participation by a response email
- To qualify for the prize(s) Entrants must provide proof of the right to live in said country and age
- The prize winners will be awarded based on two factors: 6-week course and module completion and exam pass marks
- In the event of a tie, the ACCA Global Education based in the UK will determine the winner based on clause 4. With all decisions being final
- Any cash prizes will be payable in local currency equivalent
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable
- By entering the competition the winner and parent consent to name, testimony and pictures being used across, press media and social promotion
- Sign up to ACCA using the free code / 50% discount must happen within 6 months of winning